2. Types of Personal Information We Collect.
2.1 Non-Personally Identifiable Information. When You visit this Website, we may use a web server and web server log to automatically track and collect certain non-personally identifiable information, such as Your Internet protocol (IP) address, referral pages and pages viewed, access times and other relevant statistics.
This data is not merged with other personal information that You provide during the visit of the Website.
The Log Data is automatically erased immediately after being processed. However, we reserve the right to store Log Data longer, if there are facts which suggest that computer crimes are committed against the Website (such as the attempt of hacking or a so-called DOS-attack).
2.2 Personal data voluntarily provided by the users. From time to time, this Website may provide opportunities for You to submit personally identifiable information in order to receive information You have requested, such as by registering to receive services announcements, updates and notifications. The types of personally identifiable information we may collect includes Your name, email address, company name, website address and LinkedIn handle.
The transmission of such data is done on a spontaneous, explicit and voluntary basis. In particular, the registration to the Website, as well as the spontaneous, explicit and voluntary sending e-mail messages to the addresses mentioned on this Website or through the contact form on the Website entails acquisition of the sender’s address, which is necessary in order to reply to any request, as well as of any additional personal data as is contained in the messages.
3. How Evolve Uses Your Personal Information
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
• To Provide Services or Information Requested. Evolve may use information about you to fulfill requests for Services or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Generally manage Individual information;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Contact you to answer requests for technical support; and
- Allow you to register for events.
• Administrative Purposes. Evolve may use Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in Evolve’s Services;
- Develop new Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Communicate about activities on Evolve’s Services and systems, and, in Evolve’s discretion, changes to any Evolve policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us for informational and operational purposes, such as customer service or system maintenance;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and
- Enforce our Terms.
• Marketing Evolve Services. Evolve may use Information to provide you with materials about opportunities, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Evolve may provide you with these materials by email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content and offerings;
- To notify you about offerings, services, and events that may be of interest to you, including those of our business partners or affiliates;
- To provide Services to you;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; and
- Otherwise with your consent.
You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 6 below.
• Research and Development. Evolve may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing Services or develop new Services. From time to time, Evolve may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
• Services via Mobile Devices. From time to time, Evolve may provide Services that are specifically designed to be compatible and used on mobile devices. Evolve may collect certain information that your mobile device sends when you use such Services, like a device identifier, user settings, location information, mobile carrier, and the operating system of your device.
• Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use. Evolve may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Evolve’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Evolve may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Evolve and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
• Other Uses. Evolve may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as evaluating a potential grant, investment, or contract, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
We do not rent, sell or trade any personally identifiable information and will not share Your personally identifiable information with any third party except as set forth above.
3.3 Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons, Analytics Information, and Interest-Based Advertising
• Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
• Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Website that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
• Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits. See also the section on “Do Not Track” below.
3.4 Third-Party Websites and Social Media Platforms
The Website may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Website or other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and Evolve does not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
Evolve’s Services may include publicly accessible blogs. The Website and our other Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Website or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
5. Onward Transfer – Evolve May Disclose Your Information
5.1 Information We Share
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Evolve policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Evolve; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
5.2 Data Transfers
All Personal Information collected via or by Evolve may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, in the cloud. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to Evolve, you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
6. Opt-Out (RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING)
You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to Evolve’s Processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out to further Processing by contacting email@example.com. Even if you opt-out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Sites and/or information from the advertisements on Third-Party websites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
6.2 Email Communications
We, directly or through our Services, maintain “do-not-mail” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
6.3 “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
7. Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
Although Evolve makes good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which Evolve is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information is protected by legal privilege or is within the scope of an expected, imminent, or current legal matter; would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights; where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question; or where it is commercially proprietary. If Evolve determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, Evolve will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
8. Data Retention
9. Security of Your Information
By using the Website or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Website or the reason for which you submitted Personal Information. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
10. International Users
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and other international locations and to Processing of your data globally. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and Processing in accordance with this Policy.
11. Children’s Privacy
The Website and Services are not directed to children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age, and Evolve does not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you must have your parent’s permission to access the Website and Services. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
12. Redress/Compliance and Accountability
13. Other Rights and Important Information
• New Uses of Personal Information. Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt-out. Where consent of the Individual for the Processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, Evolve will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
13.2 California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the Third Parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. Evolve does not share Personal Information with Third Parties for their own marketing purposes.